The Department of Kinesiology offers a curriculum leading to a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in kinesiology. In addition, a minor in kinesiology, a minor in recreation, an adapted physical education added authorization and a single subject teaching credential are offered. The credentials are offered through the College of Education.
The major in kinesiology is designed for the student preparing to:
- Become a physical education teacher;
- Select a career in nonteaching fields related to physical activity,
such as commercial physical fitness, sport business, research
and development, or commercial leisure services;
- Pursue graduate work in kinesiology or related disciplines.
Bachelor of Science, Kinesiology
- Allied Health Professions (formerly Pre-Physical Therapy) *This concentration is impacted, please view our admission criteria for more information.
- Exercise Science
Teaching Credential Programs
- Adapted Physical Education Added Authorization - The Adapted Physical Education (APE) Added Authorization allows an individual to teach special needs students who are precluded from participating in a general education physical education program or a specially designed physical education program as determined by the local level special education assessment. View the APE Mission Statement. The APE Added Authorization is an add-on authorization for the holder of a valid prerequisite credential. View the APE Added Authorization Admissions File Requirements.
- Single Subject - The Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology is approved as a single subject matter teaching credential program. In addition to the requirements of the major, students must complete certain prerequisites to the teacher education program. For information about the professional education component, admission to the teacher education program or specific requirements for the single subject matter waiver program please contact the CASE Office located in CE-102 at 909-537-7401.
- Recreation (Not offered at this time)
- Coaching (Not offered at this time)
- Fitness Management (Not offered at this time)
- Recreation Leadership (Not offered at this time)